Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Obedience School. Class #5.

Let me just begin by saying that I am very grumpy.  Yes, I am in a mood.  Stress induced grumpiness.  I'm sure that would come out in my blog today so I just figured I would warn you all.  Poor Craig.

So, I think Bryer could have skipped today's class and been just fine.  I really think he felt the same way as well because someone was not listening AT ALL today!  He starts acting like a hammer head from the very beginning.  Apparently he even forgot how to walk into the store nicely today - he was all over the place!

First task at hand was "doggy push-ups".  This is where you ask him to "sit", then "lay down", then "sit" repeatedly and only give him a treat every now and then.  This is to start phasing out the treats so he is not expecting them all the time (which he already does).  Bryer thought this activity sucked - he did it - but he didn't want to.

Then, the next task was to come when called and then sit when they got to you.  You might as well have said "go fly a kite" because Bryer was not listening to us AT ALL which didn't go well with me seeing as I was already in a mood!  He was just flat out ignoring us.  Then the teacher walks over to observe and the little fart does everything he was supposed to do just like he had been a perfect angel the entire time.  I could've killed him!

Next, we were learning to shake.  Which Bryer already knows and does perfectly.  So she says "Why don't we teach him to wave?"  All you do for this brilliant trick is ask him to shake, but then at the last minute you pull your hand away and say "Say Hi!!" and wave.  Craig and I really find this pointless, but we do it just to have something to do.  Then her next idea is to have Bryer crawl,which is kind of neat but there is no traction since the floors are tile so this trick really does not work.

That about sums up our class today - nothing funny, almost all pointless, and completely grumpy.

Next week he is supposed to graduate and he is supposed to wear a cap.  I said "Good luck getting that on him" and she said "Well if he won't do it we can always just hold the diploma in-front of him."  OH, NO WE WON'T!!!  I signed him up for obedience school so he could graduate and wear a graduation cap so if I have to lay on top of him to get that hat on him he will wear it and he will enjoy it and there will be a picture.

Look for the picture next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment