Monday, October 10, 2011

Baby Shower

This weekend was one of those weekends that was just absolutely amazing, I wish it would have been a lot longer than two days.  The weekend festivities started with a wedding on Saturday.  Craig was a groomsman and I was just there for the fun!  The wedding was absolutely beautiful and the reception was a lot of fun as well.  It also made me realize that my life is about to change dramatically here in the next 9 weeks.  At the reception they were playing all of my favorite dance songs like Soulja Boy, Dougie, Cupid Shuffle and Stanky Leg.  Typically I would have been in the middle of the floor busting out my Chris Brown moves like nobodies business.  When you have an extra 30 pounds in your belly - those moves just don't come that easy - or look as good - needless to say it was a bit depressing.  On Sunday morning I had my maternity pictures taken.  My brother had his herd of 4 looking absolutely amazing.  They could've been in a magazine they looked so good - especially my sweet Gray pony!  I cannot wait to see how those pictures turn out!  Then, to top it all of we had my baby shower!  It was so much fun, I got to see so many family and friends that I haven't seen in a really long time.  Jimmy-John got spoiled like crazy!  I'm almost certain that he has more clothes than Craig and I combined! We played the string game where everyone cuts off a piece of string, they try and guess how big around my belly is with the size they cut off.  Well - my lovely grandmother cuts off a piece of string that literally wraps around me twice - thanks Gogga!  My Mom actually won that one!  While everyone was measuring their string around me, my sweet husband comes up with a piece of string thats about 5 inches long and holds it up to my belly and says something like "Oh, I thought for sure that was the right size!".  Yes, ladies and gentlemen, you read that right!  Craig Jarrell had a sweet moment - thats why I love him!  We have sorted through all of JJ's gifts and I've started washing clothes and bedding.  There are a few more things that we need to get before the arrival of our sweet boy but I think we are getting there!  I know I've said it a million times but one more can't hurt - I cannot thank everyone enough for everything they've done for me!  

Here are a few highlights from the shower:














My sweet Gray pony on one of JJ's onesies!

Kristi made those onesies!  

Hand-made quilt from Joy!

THE JERSEY!

Mom kept getting great shots of me talking!  Nan made this quilt!

Excuse the face.  A really cool picture that Christie made!

Blanket Grandma Sue made

Notice how much extra there is!

A rather gross picture of me, but my Mom looks great!

No comments:

Post a Comment