Monday, December 26, 2011

Hunter Lee

Well, the day finally arrived and I have my son here in my arms and I cannot even begin to explain to you how absolutely amazing it feels!  I waited nine and a half long months but every bit of it was worth it in the end.

I went to the hospital on Tuesday, the 20th to be induced.  They started me off bright and early with some pitocin.  I went into the hospital at 2 cm and 75% effaced.  At the end of an 8 hour session with pitocin, I was 2 cm and 75% effaced.  Fabulous.  I was excepting to have a kid by then and I hadn't even changed one bit!  After 8 hours they take you off of it to let your body rest, and they were going to start it up again early Wednesday morning.  Luckily, throughout the night a miracle happened and I started contracting on my own.  I was in a huge amount of pain on Wednesday morning, so the very first thing they did was give me my epidural.  When they gave me my epidural I was at 6 cm - I tell you what.  That epidural guy is my new best friend.  I felt absolutely NOTHING from my belly down.  I was so numb that I couldn't even move my legs.  Yes - that was quite strange and I didn't really like it, but, compared to feeling labor pains, I'll take it any day!  Needless to say I pretty much slept until I was ready to push.  The doctor had to come in and break my water at 8 cm which pretty much shot me to 10 in no time.  I pushed for about 30 minutes and then I was holding my sweet Hunter in my arms!  He was born at 3:09 pm (yes - 30 hours of labor) he weighed 7 lb 4 oz and was 19.5 inches long!

It is absolutely crazy the love that I have for this little guy.  I thought I was crazy about Bryer but I will not hesitate to drop-kick him in an instant if he even thinks about messing with Hunter!  Hunter will be a week old on Wednesday.  I cannot believe it!  It's already moving way too fast.  So far I would say that he's been really an easy baby.  He eats really well, if you wrap him up like a burrito he will sleep for you pretty much anywhere - and thats about all he does!  If we could stop him from soaking all his clothes with pee - we would be good to go!

I also have to say that I truly have the most amazing husband ever.  He was there for me through the two long delivery days at the hospital and then he is there right away whenever I need help with Hunter.  He's been phenomenal and there is absolutely no way that I could have done it by myself!

I cannot wait to experience the journey of motherhood with my sweet little Hunter - I can already tell he's going to grow up WAY too fast!  And yes - I will be one of those mothers that sobs my eyes out the first day of kindergarten.  I can't even think about taking him to daycare right now - I'm not going to be able to function!

On the way to the hospital!





No comments:

Post a Comment