Sunday, December 18, 2011

Yes, I'm Crazy!

Well, I'm nearing the end of my pregnancy (thank God) and I've had nothing to do the past few days but sit around and think.  Those of you who know me, know that's not necessarily a good thing!  I've decided that the last month of pregnancy is just torture!  The whole "waiting game" just plain sucks!  You never know if/when you're water is going to break and you're going to have to rush to the hospital.  I'm also so uncomfortable.  No matter how I sit or lay I just cannot get comfy!  His feet are jabbing me up in my ribs and he keeps shooting lightening bolts through my crotch (sorry)!  Needless to say, I'm beyond ready for this kid to make his entrance.  I already think that he's messing with me (apparently he has his father's humor).  He knows that I would love for his birthday to be as far away from Christmas as it can be, I was even pulling for him to come the end of November.  As you can see that didn't happen, and I believe his plan is to hang out in there until he's served his eviction papers on Tuesday morning!  Then I start to think some more (never good) and in order for him to enter this world, I have to go through labor.  Oh crap!  Now that I know exactly when he's coming this will give me more time to obsess about what is actually going to happen - really really not a good thing!  I will be able to anticipate the pain, which means I will probably think it's worse than it really is, and I'm sure the entire time I will think that I'm dieing a slow death.  I really hope that Craig knows what he's getting ready to get into!  Then, the cure for the pain is the dreaded epidural.  Which gives me yet another thing to worry about because they are sticking something in my spine - thats already crooked.  Then, I've also been worrying that Baby J's head is too big and once he starts to go he's gonna get stuck.  I've also been worrying about the fact that the induction may not work - which would really just upset me to no end!

Just wanted to vent, and give you a glimpse as to what it's like to be in my head - which really is not a good thing.

Needless to say let the obsessing begin!  Craig is already contemplating sleeping on the couch on Monday night because he knows I won't be sleeping!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ashleigh!! I was SO SCARED about labor and delivery too, but to encourage you...it hurts WAY LESS than you can conjure up in your head :) I was also scared about the IV, epidural, etc. more than anything else, and they were also way worse than I thought in my head!! :) In other words keep thinking its terrible, and you will be pleasantly surprised! :) I'll be waiting for an updated on Baby J!!!

    ReplyDelete