Monday, July 9, 2012

Cassie Meets the South

Before I get into Cassie's visit -

I'm not going to post any more of Hunter's food adventure pictures.  The bottom line is that kid HATES to eat.  It's torture every time I stick him in his highchair.  I don't know what the problem is!  He tolerates his veggies - but he still doesn't willingly open his mouth for the spoon - I have to bribe him by holding his sippy cup in front of his face.  Fruits on the other hand - I can't even bribe him with those.  I even gave puffs a try today to see if he would just like something solid better.  He hated those, too!  I did give him a taste of my banana pudding milkshake from Cook Out though, he ate that.  Maybe he will just need to live off of milkshakes!  Any advice?

Onto the good stuff!

My best friend from Minnesota, Cassie, came to visit me for a week last week.  She learned many new things that she doesn't get to experience in Minnesota.  She arrived on Saturday and I threw her in the car and headed to Roanoke on Sunday.  As we were pulling into the driveway at Breezy Rock we see a golf cart zooming across the next door neighbor's driveway.  She knew she was in for it when she saw that people around there travel by golf carts.  The next thing she learned about was the gator.  She wasn't sure if we had a crop of alligators in our back yard or what!  She also learned that out in Amish country/Breezy Rock you have to burn your trash to get rid of it.  She DOES NOT like sweet tea and isn't a huge fan of dandelion wine.  She had sausage poofs and an egg in the boat for the first time.  She learned about the wonderful world of to-go cups!  She also learned another name for beanbag toss is corn hole!  Welcome to the south, Cassie!

Here is some more of Cassie's visit told by the pictures:

When you visit Roanoke, you must see the view from the star - so thats exactly what we did!  I had not been in years and I completely forgot how beautiful it is up there!






Next, we ventured to the Mill Mountain Zoo!  It was the temperature of hell outside so a lot of the animals were in their huts to keep cool.  The bird Aviary was really cool though!



We went to see Magic Mike.  DELICIOUS.  I learned that when you order a large drink, you really get an enormous drink!  Good thing I was thirsty!


We took Cassie to the pool!  Thanks Kit, Katharine and Madison!


We met Brandi for dinner at Alejandro's.  Unfortunately, Cassie wasn't a huge fan!  Hunter, on the other hand, was!



After dinner - Cassie and I took Tommy K for a ride.  Cassie was nice and relaxed, I nearly died of a heart attack!  Also, please note Brett's outfit - it's classic!





Tommy is TALL.  I had trouble getting on.






Grumpy came over for a visit.



We watched fireworks downtown!  They were absolutely beautiful and Hunter really seemed to enjoy them!  For not knowing a thing about the fireworks downtown, we picked an incredible spot!








Someone  was tired!



Next, we went to Zootastic!  That was a lot of fun!  The white tiger kept following Hunter back and forth in her cage.  The tour guide said it's because she wanted to play with the stroller.  I kinda thought she might want Hunter for a snack?












We met Cassie's cousin and he showed us the Speedway!


We topped it all off with a girls night - which was an absolute BLAST - even though the piano bar didn't play the song I requested!!



Cassie - I cannot thank you enough for coming to visit!  H and I had a blast - we hope you did, too!  :)








No comments:

Post a Comment