Saturday, May 14, 2011

ABC Fam is on the Move!

As many of you have heard by now Craig has accepted a job with Lowe's in North Carolina!  We are so very excited that this opportunity has worked out for us!  Even before we got married I was not thrilled about the idea of living 18 hours away from everyone in my family - so I have always wanted to get back home from the get-go.  Craig on the other-hand LOVES the big cities and how many things the cities have to offer - as in nightlife and sports teams.  This move gives us both what we want!  I will be 2.5 hours away from my family (I could drive from Roanoke to Charlotte and back 4 times in the amount of time it would take me to get from Shakopee to Roanoke) and Craig will still have some city life - as well as some sports teams!  Football is what I'm most excited about - the Carolina Panthers!  I will still always be a Viking fan at hart because that in-fact was our first home, I've already looked at the football schedule and the Vikings play the Panthers in Carolina (if there is a football season - there better be)!  wooo!  Also something that I'm SUPER excited about is the fact that North Carolina will have Sweet Tea, Bojangles, and Chick-fil-a!  On a downside there is no Burrito Loco - but there is Chipotle!  :)  It's the little things that matter!

As with everything there are always a few down sides.  First and foremost - the job hunt begins again, ugh!  I hate trying to find a job - especially with the economy the way it is now - it's so hard!  I've already looked for elementary teaching positions and there are none open - of course - so now I'm looking for some daycare openings!  I'm sure the daycares down there will not compare to New Horizon - they've set the bar pretty high!  That leads me to one thing that I will greatly miss - everyone at NHA!  I've made some great friends, I've absolutely LOVED working with Cassie!  For her to be able to put up with someone as goofy as me and not kill me - thats something to be said!  I am also going to miss Dawn and Stephanie too, my neighbors in the blue room!  They also put up with my crazy antics and don't kill me - but they don't have to be with me all the time like Cassie!  haha!  I will of course miss the babies and the ladies that work upfront!  Everyone there is just great - the 27th is going to be a hard day at work!  But hey, isn't this what Facebook is for - so we can keep in touch with everyone?

All-in-all Craig and I are jumping out of our skin excited!  We have one more 1,200 mile drive with the crazy dog and we will be in our new home!  We are moving sometime Memorial Day weekend and will live in an apartment for 3 months until we find our first official home!  I can guarantee you that it will have a nice fenced-in back yard so our crazy dog-son can run is little heart out and hopefully that will help out with the craziness!

North Carolina - here we come!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment