Saturday, May 21, 2011

Baby Jarrell

So - as many of you know by now Craig and I are expecting our first kid!  How exciting?  We're excited and super nervous!  We've known that I was pregnant since April 14th.. which KILLLED me to keep a secret!  So then my craziness takes over and I start googling things - morning sickness, being super tired, sore boobs, peeing a lot, the whole 9 yards.  All of this makes me freak out even more because I'm not experiencing any of this - except for the being tired.  Then I think to myself - I've always loved my sleep anyway so thats not really out of the norm - this must be some kind of mistake, I'm not pregnant.  (I really am crazy)

Craig knows how crazy I am, so to keep me from peeing on 2,309,483 sticks, he said I could do one a week!  Well - of course I did.  They were all positive.  Still not enough for me to believe it.  I schedule my first appointment (which was yesterday) and I'm freaking out because I know that they are going to search for the heartbeat and not find it and I'll be devastated (like on Marly and me - we already have the psycho dog - it just made sense).



We get to the doctors office and of course they save the heartbeat for last.  The doctor says "Alright, time to go fishing!"  She moves her little stick around on my belly for what seemed to be 14 hours.. silence.. more freaking out.. then FINALLY we hear that amazing little heartbeat.  Any normal person would be so excited they would lay still and soak in the moment - or cry.. what do I do you ask?  I laugh!  Which screws up the listening so she has to find it all over again!  Only me!  :)

There is a heartbeat, I am pregnant, I'm so excited I could jump out of my skin!  I'm due December 11th!  We cannot wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl - 9 more weeks!

Finally - we had to break the news to the grandparents.. here are pictures of how we did it!



No comments:

Post a Comment