Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Few Weeks in NC

Craig and I have been in our new home for almost two weeks.  Craig has almost completed a whole week of work - so we've had quite a few experiences.  A fault on my part is the fact that I've hardly taken any pictures - oops!

The first week we were here Craig was off of work which was nice because it gave us a lot off free time to check things out.  Of course we had to try out all the Mexican restaurants, we found 3 and ate at all three of them.  They were amazing!  We went to check out Concord Mills Mall - which was pretty cool and I'm super excited because they had a Macado's inside.  Granted we walked the thing in no time - we're used to going shopping at the ole MOA and having to spend an entire weekend in there just to get through everything!  I also got my Chick-fil-a breakfast and BoJangle's breakfast (can you tell I've been really excited about food?).

We also got to go to the Charlotte Knights game.  Craig was super excited about this because he loves baseball, the Knights are the AAA team for the Chicago White Sox.  [He even wore his White Sox hat - which was WAY illegal because the Sox are a big rival to his MN Twins] We get there early because we figure that it would be super busy since it's a AAA team so the players are really good because they're working really hard to get into the Majors.  I'm pretty sure there was only like 50 people there!  We still had fun though!



We ventured to the pool twice, which I just love - except it's quite a different experience going with my sweet husband!  I like to go to the pool to relax and I take a book to read, Craig on the other hand likes to play and talk and play some more - I don't get much reading in I should say!


Moving 15 hours closer to home enticed my parents to come up for a visit.  They came up Friday night and stayed through Saturday at lunch time.  It was a very short trip but thats possible when you live so close to home!  It was great having them visit.  They brought Craig some candy and I got my first batch of maternity clothes!  Bryer acted like he had no sense the entire time they were here - way to go Bry-man (someone is now signed up for obedience school)!



Then Monday rolled around and Craig headed of to Lowe's, it was just Pup and I hanging out for the day.  He is always less than trilled when Craig has to leave.  He cries and sits at the door for a bit, then he will come over to look at me, then he walks right into his crate and lays there ALL DAY LONG.  It's like he's telling me I'm the most boring person on the planet so he's going to pout in his crate until Dad gets home.  The only time I can get the little monster to meander out of his house is when I offer to take him on his afternoon walk - which he never turns down!


It's also been quite the cooking experience since we've moved into our apartment.  We thought we were going to be slick and keep the majority of our stuff packed up so that when we move to our house in three months (hopefully) we won't have a lot of packing to do.  Well, this has worked really well everywhere except for the kitchen.  I have browned meat with a ladle that you would serve soup with, I've browned meat with a plastic fork, I have opened a can with a knife (a real one) - which should be alarming to everyone since last week I cut my finger with a PLASTIC knife, didn't even know that was possible!  Lastly, I cooked steak quesadillas with two plastic forks - I'm getting super talented.  I am at a road block right now though because I have two delicious pizzas in the freezer for me to cook but my beloved stone is in a box somewhere - I wonder if I could rig something up that would work for now?


Right now, Craig is out on a team outing with his new work peeps and this weekend he's playing in a softball tournament - things are starting to feel like home!  If only I could entice someone to hire me!  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment