Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Leaving NHA and Minnesota

I'm kind of behind, but when you are stuck without internet for 6 days then you really don't have a choice.  I cannot tell you how excited I am to have the internet back, I've felt disconnected from the world!  :)

Anyways, backtracking a little, on Friday I had to say goodbye to my new friends and adorable babies at New Horizon.  When I first learned that Craig had gotten his new job and we were moving I was thinking that I would be sad to leave NHA but I was so excited to get closer to my family I guess I didn't really think about exactly HOW sad I would be.  I cried all night Wednesday and Thursday (being pregnant doesn't really help with these emotions).  Craig already knows I'm crazy so this did not affect him much!

Thursday during the day the great Cassie had planned a little surprise for me that I just LOVED! Most of my parents came down to surprise me that afternoon, it was so sweet!  There truly is no argument that the yellow room parents are by far the GREATEST parents at NHA!  I absolutely love all of them and cannot thank them enough for all they've done!  After work on Thursday I met Cassie, Dawn, Stephanie, Pat and Pam at Don Pablos for dinner!  That was also too much fun!  I wish we hadn't of waited until I was leaving to all get together!

Friday morning I go into work thinking "Okay, I've cried my eyes out enough on Wednesday and Thursday, I should make it through the day.  Right?"  That was a big fat WRONG!  I walk in the door and I hear Ms. Stephanie say "Ms. Ashleigh, I have something for you!"  I walk next door and the tears start flowing - I haven't even opened anything yet!  As it hits me that I won't be seeing these kids grow anymore and I won't be able to catch up with the parents anymore.. it makes me super sad.. therefore I cry all morning!  Then we get the day going - which is good because it keeps my mind occupied on other things!  On my break I went and got lots of hugs from all the kids I've had that have moved up!  THEN, I clock-out.  On my way back to the room.. this is what I see..


Guess what happens next.. yup.. tears start rolling!  Then eventually the real goodbyes come and the tears come even more!  

I cannot tell you how much I loved working at NHA!  I've learned so much there and I'm so thankful for that because before I had that job I had not even began to change a single diaper and now I'm having a kid (baby.. haha) of my own!

Next phase: The Big Move.  Saturday promptly at 8:00 the movers come to start packing us!  Let me tell you, these guys don't play!  They came in with their boxes and paper and before Craig and I could turn around our entire house was in a box!  The truck came at 11:00 and it was completely packed by 3:00.  Then we were on the road to Roanoke for a night!


We had to snap one last picture in our empty townhouse..


Then we hit the road waiving goodbye to old Shakopee..


Believe it or not.. Pup had quite the hard time getting comfortable in our car this trip.  I guess it's because he's gotten so big!  He was great in the car it just took him a while to get comfortable enough to catch some shut-eye.  


We stop in Roanoke for one night and had a cook-out with the family!  I even had one last illegal ride on my sweet Gray baby before I get too big!  :)  

Monday morning we head off to our new apartment.  We made it in about 2 hours and 50 minutes!  Sa-weet!  It took us two days to get settled it, sort through boxes, and store boxes we aren't going to unpack but by now everything is where we want it.  We even had some time to get to the pool this morning - which was amazing!  Bryer has worried me a bit though because he hasn't really eaten.  This isn't unusual, but you know me, I like to worry!  It's a rare occurrence that he eats both meals in a day anyway.  He's in a new place and has had a lot going on the last few days!  Hopefully he will settle in soon!

Now - on to the job hunt!  Cross your fingers!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment