Monday, September 5, 2011

The Big Move

First of all, I just wrote this entire blog, went to publish it, and then an error occurred.  UGH!  So here is the story, take two!

Craig and I started the next big chapter in our life on Wednesday, August 31st when we closed on our first house!  Then fun really didn't start until Thursday though because we couldn't get into the house until then.  After work on Thursday our friend Travas came over and helped us move in a few things.  We moved our entire closet, stocked the fridge and moved a few other odds and ends.  We also took Bryer over here for his first visit into his new home!  The real moving didn't begin until Friday though.  Craig had the day off, unfortunately I had to work, so with the help of Travas, Rose, Randy, Mom, Dad and Brett they had everything in the house before lunch time!  By the time I got home from work they were ready to start unpacking and putting things away!  The first thing we tackled was the kitchen!  I cannot tell you how happy I am to actually have my kitchen back - it feels so good!  As of now, we have our kitchen, bedroom, bathrooms and office exactly the way we want it (minus hanging the pictures on the walls).  We are definitely getting there - slowly but surely!  We had to purchase a new washer and dryer and I also wanted a screen door to go on our front door.  We made those two big purchases and now are broke!  So, our house will not be completely finished for a while.  Our next big purchase is a fence for the B-Man, then we need to buy a sofa bed for our bonus room/extra bed room and finish Baby Jarrell's room!  I would have had Baby Jarrell's room done three days ago, but Craig assures me that we have plenty of time so we can take care of other things first!  I'm just too excited!  I cannot wait!  Craig is going to Minnesota in two weeks and may come home to Baby Jarrell's room finished!  ;)  Our washer and dryer is not being delivered until Thursdayish - which is also killing me because I have found about a month's worth of laundry to do - yes, go ahead, call me little Mary Beth!  Of course our move had a few highlights, here are the pictures to go along with some of them!  Enjoy:

Before we could begin the great move, we had to pack up what little we had un-packed from Minnesota.  Bryer really liked to help.

It's a little hard to see, but Craig is using a power tool to hang up our TV!  Go babe!

Then he got tired, and went and got some ice cream while his Dad continued to work!

While Rose was hard at work, she put a hole in our new wall!  Craig patched it up and painted it with the tiniest paint roller I've ever seen!  I thought it was hilarious!

Moving wears a pup out!

If you look closely, you will see a chocolate lab standing on his back porch.  He barks constantly when he is outside and can see anyone else!

Craig mowed the grass while Bryer and I relaxed on the back porch and watched!

We've met our neighbors!  Raciana - 3rd Grade, Ariana - 1st Grade, and Amariana - PreK (I'm 100% sure I have not spelled their names right) have come to visit us several times.  The first time they brought me a gold necklace and the next time they brought the items pictured above.  They said they like to make home made gifts!  I'm waiting on their Mom to knock on our door and demand she have her gold necklace back!

The last event, we thankfully do not have a picture of.  While we were moving boxes in, Bryer manages to sneak out of the house and run off!  Craig, Randy, Dad and Brett all go chasing after him yelling his name.  Does Bryer listen at all?  Not a chance!  All of a sudden we hear these screeching screams coming from the neighbor's garage - and out trots Bryer.  Craap.  Bryer had ran in the garage and scared the little girls that were in there playing.  Craig went to talk to the Dad and luckily he was very understanding, they own the chocolate lab that barks all the time.  Way to go, Bryer!  We already have a reputation in the neighborhood!  There is never a dull moment with that pup around!

No comments:

Post a Comment