Thursday, September 8, 2011

Washer and Dryer Saga

While we were negotiating for the house, it was an option that we could keep the washer and dryer.  Well, we said we wanted it but the sellers wanted an extra $1,000 added to the cost of the house.  We said we would just buy our own!  ha!

After we get moved in we make a trip to Lowe's on Saturday and pick out a washer and dryer that I absolutely LOVE!  Lowe's was having a sale and Craig gets an employee discount on top of that so it was a great deal!  They were out of stock in the store but said that we could have our washer and dryer delivered by Thursday (today).  Tuesday we get a call saying that our washer and dryer would not be delivered Thursday, it wouldn't be here until October.  WHAT!??  So, back out to Lowe's we go.  We pick out another set that I like pretty well and they told us that this set would definitely be delivered Thursday (today).  We also got a penny back - whoopie!  The washer and dryer got delivered this morning and I get a text from Craig saying "Call me - bad news".  GREAT!  Apparently our dryer cannot be hooked up and therefore used right now because the dryer hose isn't attached to anything and it's a fire hazard.  I have a brand new washer and dryer sitting upstairs in my new laundry room and all I can do is look at them.  I have laundry coming out of the wazoo!  Hopefully Craig can pull out some craftiness and fix this for me this weekend!  Cross your fingers!

Here is the beloved washer and dryer:

No comments:

Post a Comment