Monday, June 11, 2012

Start to Summer

SCHOOL IS OUT FOR SUMMER!!!!


That means I get lots of quality time with H and I am so super excited about that!

We started our first summer weekend by going swimming on Saturday.  When we got to the pool the pool was super cloudy so I didn't want to stick him in there until I was sure it was okay (shocker).  For the first hour-ish we were there we just hung out.  He was such a trooper because it was so hot outside!  Craig played with him for a bit while I laid out and then we switched.  When Hunter got to me he decided it was nap time, I put him to sleep and he took a nap in my arms for 45 minutes!  I love snuggling with him!  Then we got the green light to dive on in and we went for it!  Hunter picked up a 9 mo old girl friend who weighed 16 pounds (what he weighed at 4 mo) and proceeded to steal her float AND LOVED IT!  I love watching him swim.  Saturday night he slept 8 solid hours, woke up, ate, and went back to sleep for another two!  We're getting there!

Snuggling at the pool!


Sunday we decided to go to the big North Carolina Zoo!  I was PUMPED because I know how much Hunter loves animals - so I figured he would really enjoy this!  I should've been less excited.  When we got there all the cool exhibits were closed and it was hotter than haydees out there!  Hunter only got super excited to walk around in his back-pack.  Well, we tried.  We're going to try Zootastic when Cassie comes in and you can pet the animals there so I have a feeling he will love it!  Sunday night my man slept 10 hours and 15 minutes!  I feel like I'm talking about a no-hitter in the 7th inning.  He's asleep right now so hopefully he will pull out another 10 hours!

Jarrell Family with the Black Bears

Steins with the Black Bears

H was really interested in that bee!

One of Craig's favorite animals!

Bridget, H and I


Today we went to turn in my keys at work and say goodbye to everyone!  Hunter had a ball!  We left school at bottle time so I was feeding him in the car so he could focus better.  I heard him fill his pants so I pick him up and stand him on my lap (so it doesn't get all over his car seat).  Next thing I know I have poo on the leg of my jeans and he's got it running down his leg.  Awesome.  I pop open the trunk and strip him down in there.  Open the wipe container.  I have one wipe.  Even more awesome.  I end up wiping us down with the shorts he had already soiled!  To top it all off - I went shopping today in my dirty poo pants!  Hey - you gotta do what you gotta do - don't judge!  :)

Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment