Monday, March 28, 2011

G.Dog, Nanizzle and The Gogginator

This weekend three of my grandparents came to visit Craig and I (of course Bryer, too).  They were our first visitors since we've had Bryer - we knew even before they thought about coming that this would be interesting!  I love my dog with all my heart but I can admit that he is crazy.  He's all puppy.  I've said it once and I'll say it millions of times - he is a black Marley.

The grandparents left Roanoke at 6am on Thursday morning and drove until the reached LaFayette, IN.  They staying in a hotel that night and re-couped for their drive the next morning.  6am on Friday morning they were back at it!

Craig and I went to work on Friday morning.  I opened so I could get off early and I luckily got home around 11ish.  We franticly finished cleaning, changed the sheets on the bed, did a little laundry and we tried our darndest to wear Bryer out.  We played with him, I walked him and he even fought with the vacuum cleaner.  Still - it wasn't enough!

As the grandparents are getting ready to pull in, I leash up Bryer (with his new gentle leader that he DOES NOT like) and we head outside to greet them head on.  Bryer sees the car and I can see the wheels turning :  "Hey, thats a car.  Where is that car going?  That car is coming to our house.  That car has people in it.  I bet I can play with those people.  Please can I play with those people.  Let me at 'em, let me at 'em, LET ME AT 'EM".  Meanwhile, I'm wrapping the leash around my hand numerous times and bracing myself so he doesn't pull me over.  They get out of the car and can barely get in the house before Bryer unleashes his excitement.  Needless to say that Bryer went in his crate for the first little while that the grandparents were here.


The first thing we did was go out to eat.  We ate dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory - and it was AMAZING!  Everyone of us cleared our plates.  Afterwords we came back to the house for some more Bryer training!


Of course Bryer got spoiled with lots of gifts.  This was a gift he got from Gogga.  You hide treats in there and he has to find them by sliding pieces around!  Nan and Grandaddy got him a duck on a rope - by Saturday morning the duck's stuffing was out and he was decapitated.


Grandaddy left with his arms purple from ruff-housing with Bryer.  I think they both enjoyed it though.


This is the signature Bryer head tilt.  He and Gogga got pretty close!


Bryer and Nan also became good friends.  Apparently Bryer thought that she was very dirty because he had to constantly lick out her right ear!  It was pretty hilarious!


We had to eat dinner at Bubba Gump Srimp, Co. in the Mall of America!  After dinner we walked a whole lap around the mall!


We ended the visit with a trip to the Cheesecake Factory!  Please notice how many take home bags we have!  Four of those bags are food, five of those bags are cheesecake!  I don't think I will have to cook all week!  :)


We came home, ate our cheesecake and played dominoes.  We started at 15 and went all the way down to zero!  Gogga won - we are all determined that she cheats!



All in all - I was very proud of Bryer!  I think for his first visitors ever he did fantastic!  It's so hard to not love that little guy!  As I'm writing this he's sitting in the computer room with his dad wondering where those white haired people went.  I really think he misses them!  He's never been so spoiled!

I'm so glad they got to come visit!  It was really exciting to take them and show them what Craig and I do everyday!

Now we look forward to our next visitors at the end of April.  Look out Minnesota - the Williams family is going on a road-trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment