Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankfuls #16 - 25

Wow.  I've not been posting things I've been thankful for lately!  After quite an eventful Thanksgiving - I figured I can do some catching up!

16.  I am thankful for my husband (I know I've already mentioned him - but some things are worth mentioning again)!  He was a huge help during our Thanksgiving event.  Whatever anyone needed anything he was there right away to help.  He also kept reminding me to sit and put my feet up.  He got my mother Dos Equis (which she LOVED)!  He also whipped out the video camera and took some video of our first family Thanksgiving on Bravington Road!

17.  I am thankful for the fact that I have AH-MAZE-ING cooks in my family!  We had a huge Thanksgiving breakfast and a huge Thanksgiving dinner and every bit of it was fabulous!  Mom, Nan and Gogga - you guys are extraordinary cooks - Paula Dean doesn't have anything on you guys!

18.  I am thankful that my Dad rested.  Dad has a cold, but thats not the point.  Yesterday he slept until 9ish.  Then, took a nap outside on the porch for a while.  Then went upstairs and slept for a good 3 hours before Thanksgiving dinner!  I've never seen him go anywhere and not work - much less sleep. It kind of worried me a bit but I am so glad that he was able to relax while he was here!

19.  I am so very thankful that I live close enough for my entire family to come down and visit whenever!  3 hours sure beats the heck out of 18!

20.  I am thankful that I had a great doctor's appointment on Wednesday!  We've finally started making some progress!  I am 1-2 cm dilated and 25% effaced!  WHOOPIE!  I know that this still hardly means anything, but it's exciting for me!  The doctor also told me that the most they would let me go past my due date is 1 week - which means we will DEFINITELY have Baby J before Christmas!

21.  I am thankful that I passed the NC Diver's test so I can get my driver's license.  Only after a year and a half of marriage I will finally be Ashleigh Jarrell!  (However - I am not thankful that I had to wait for 3 hours in order to take that stinking test)

22.  I am thankful that my brother is an amazing photographer!  He took some great pictures around our house and I cannot wait for him to take newborn pics of Baby J - whenever he decides to make his grand entrance!

23.  I am thankful for laughter!  There is a ton of it - especially when my family (the Grizwald's) gets together.  Here are some examples for you:  Yesterday, my brother says "That turkey looks so good I would take it to Prom."  I thought that was hilarious, so I posted it as my Facebook Status and my hilarious FU comments and says "What will he do with it for after prom?  Get it drunk and stuff it?"  Also, my brother thinks that my belly and pretty much anything to do with pregnancy is gross - he also hates milk.  As I was making eclair cake I used most of the milk in the jug but there was just enough for one sip left.  So I turn up the jug of milk to drink it and he makes a vomiting noise - I start laughing.  I gather myself and try to take the sip again.  Mom walks over, pulls up my shirt to show Brett my belly, he freaks out and I spew milk everywhere!  I could go on all day about everything that happened - you guys would get tired of reading!  :)

24.  I am thankful for NC fall weather.  This time last year Craig and I were already sitting in snow.  This year we aren't even wearing jackets yet!  I love it!

25.  I am thankful that Bryer acted like a semi-normal dog while his visitors were here.  I cannot even explain how proud of him I am!  There were 10 people plus a tiny dog in the house and nobody left bleeding!  He did amazing!  That should give all you people that think he's gonna kill Baby J some hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment